Webinar on Inclusion of SLD in Higher Education by AICTE
On 7th September, 2022 during 11 am to 12:30 pm a Webinar on "Inclusion of Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD) in Higher Education" was organized by AICTE.
Webinar attended by Prof. Ridhima Dighe of IndSearch.
Speakers for webinar were:
- Ms. Noopur Jhunjhunwala , Trustee and Co-Founder of Changeinkk Foundation
- Mr. Dev Aditya, Co-founder and Chairman , Otterman's Institute
The webinar covered many points related to understanding of Specific Learning Disabilities of Students to building support system at higher education.
Below are some of the points covered in the webinar
- Understanding Neurodiversity. It into includes Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, Dyspraxia, Autism & Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- As per new education policy Universities and colleges will be required to set up high-quality support centers to support SEDG students to transition to higher education
- Steps to be taken by government and all National HEI's for inclusivity
- Direction of Regulators like UGC Guidelines and AICTE Guidelines with respect to SLD Students
- Key areas of Interventions by: 1.) Admissions (admitting students with SLD's in the PWD Category) 2.)Faculty/Admin Sensitization. 3) Classroom Support. 4.) Curriculum (flexible subject/course choices without compromising on rigour)
- Creating Centers for support