Dr. Ashok Joshi
Honorary Director General, IndSearch
- Founder Dean, Faculty of Management, University of Pune
- Former President, Association of Indian Management Schools
- President (2013-15), Association of Management
- Development Institutions in South Asia
Dr. Ashok Joshi is Honorary Director General and Professor, Indian Institute of Cost and Management Studies and Research (INDSEARCH), Pune and is Immediate Past President and Member, Executive Board, Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia (AMDISA) - A SAARC affiliated Body, Chairman - Local Management Committee (AMDISA) and Editor AMDISA Newsletter. Dr. Joshi was President, Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS), 1999-2000. Dr Joshi has been the Founder Dean, Faculty of Management Sciences, 1992-1995, Chancellor's Nominee on University Senate, Vice-Chancellor's Nominee on Academic Council, at University of Pune. He was again appointed as a Dean of Management Faculty at Savitribai Phule Pune University in 2010-12.
Dr. Ashok Joshi has obtained M.Com. (Costing), M.A. (Economics), MMS (Marketing) and Ph.D. (Cost Accounting) from the University of Pune and has teaching & research experience of more than 42 years. He led pioneering research projects in Socio Economic Development sponsored by Planning Commission, ICAR, ICFTU, NCDC. He has also been research guide for more then 37 Ph.D students. His books include the critically acclaimed Essays on Political Economy - "No Water in the Tap" and "Chachanchya Hataat Arthavyavastha" in Marathi (Economy in the hands of pirates) and has edited Monographs on Poverty alleviation and Bottom of the Pyramid Models and Environmental Management System. Dr. Joshi is also an advisor to several reputed business schools and is currently President, Council for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (CSBE), Mumbai since 2015.
Dr. Joshi has also been conferred with various awards and recognitions. Some prominent one's include:
- 1. Ravi J Mathai National Fellow Award ( 2004) of the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS)
- 2. Dharni Sinha Memorial Award (2009) for excellence in management education
- 3. Honorary Fellow Membership of CPM Sri Lanka by the Institute of the Certified Professional Managers of Sri Lanka ( 2009)
- 4. Achiever of Excellence Award by Bombay Management Association (2011-12)
- 5. Pride of BMCC Award of Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce (BMCC), Pune (2016)
- 6. Vocational Excellence Rotary Award by Rotary Club of Pune East (2016)